Saigon Drum

COVID-19 Resources

mask guidance KC

Washington State Current Mask Mandate

Across King County, masks are required for everyone ages 5+ at outdoor events with 500 or more people, and continue to be required in public indoor spaces.
This expanded mandate is a result of record-breaking COVID-19 variant infections and hospitalizations across the state. This new mandate is legally binding and state businesses need to comply and adhere to the current mask mandate.

Now is a good time to assess your mask quality and supply! To resist the new variants, you will want both a good fit and a high-quality mask. Masks are strongly recommended (but not required) in crowded outdoor settings where people cannot remain at least 6 feet apart.

King County Official Masking Guidance:

king county vaccine verification policy

King County customers are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or negative test within 72 hours, to enter:

  • Outdoor events with 500 people or more (such as professional and collegiate sports and entertainment events)
  • Indoor recreational events or establishments regardless of size (such as professional and collegiate sports, performing arts and live music venues, movie theaters, museums, gyms, and conventions)
  • Restaurants and bars. This does not apply to outdoor dining, take-out customers, and places that aren’t primarily used for indoor dining such as grocery stores.

King County small-capacity restaurants, cafes, bars, etc. are required to have customers show proof of vaccination or a recent negative test for in-person service. Visit for small business toolkits, available in English, Chinese, Vietnamese, and other languages as available.

For additional information from King County Public Health, including valid forms of proof:

Establishments and events included in this order are required to display the following signage at all public entrances (also available in other languages)

Resources and Posters for your business:
Click here to read the Vaccine Verification FAQ
Download the Vaccine Verification "Keep Each Other Safe" Poster
Download the "How to Verify Vaccine Status" Poster

booster guidance

Get Vaccinated & Boosted!

As a reminder, the spread of the Omicron variant has surged across Washington state and health officials are encouraging everyone to be fully vaccinated and boosted. Read more about the dominant COVID-19 variant in the official press release here.  

Children between the ages of 5-11 years old are also eligible to get the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination. Seattle Public Schools (SPS) is partnering with the health department to host vaccination clinics for SPS students age 5 and above across the City of Seattle. Visit to find a clinic at your child's school or nearby. You can translate the page into your preferred language by clicking the "G" button on the top right of the page.

CDC recommends changes to isolation and quarantine for COVID-19: read the update here.

king county posters and signage
Labor and Industries covid resource header

Employee Health & Safety

Communicate with employees and customers about what you’re doing to keep the business/establishment clean and safe. Emphasize hand washing with posters and reminders, prioritize regular disinfection of frequently touched surfaces and objects, and urge employees to stay home if they are exhibiting symptoms.

Washington state laws also requires employers to keep a safe and healthy workplace. Take a look at these ongoing guidance and health mandates. 

Labor & Industries offers a variety of services. In case you may here is a list of specific departments. Partners and business owners can click on this link to find specific points of contacts for different needs. 

Paid Sick & Safe Time (PSST) Ordinance:
In Seattle, the law requires employers to provide all employees with paid sick and safe time. This includes full-time, part-time, temporary, exempt, and non-exempt employees. Please call the Seattle Office of Labor Standards (OLS) at 206-256-5297 or visit Office of Labor Standards PSST page.

Unemployment Services:
The Washington State Employment Security Department has programs designed to help individuals and employers impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. They have an easy-to-read comparison guide listing some of the most common scenarios that may occur and benefits that may apply. More information for workers and businesses here:

Safety tips for your business

The best thing to do is be great neighbors and community members and report what you see happening in the neighborhood if it warrants police presence. If you suffer property damage, please report this to Seattle Police so they can investigate the crime and you can receive a case number. In addition, you can fill out the City of Seattle property damage form to better track the impacts.

Chinese Translation | Vietnamese Translation

Preparing Your Business

  • Contact your insurance professional to determine your coverage for these events.
  • If you have a security system, make sure it’s working and turned on before you leave your business.
  • Double-check doors and windows are locked at businesses and residential buildings.
  • Pull in any loose items that can be used for property damage, such as rocks.
  • Have a representative available who has the authority to make decisions to protect your assets.
  • Determine if you need to close your business early.

Train Employees on Security Procedures

  • Create an action plan for how employees should react if there is an active violent situation outside of your business. Make sure that everyone knows important information like how to properly lock down or evacuate the building in an emergency.
  • Be vigilant and report crimes immediately to 911. 
  • Remember lives are more important than property. Make sure that everyone knows important information like how to properly lock down or evacuate the building in an emergency.

Secure Your Property

  • Check for items that can be thrown or used to damage property on the streets (i.e. glass bottles, rocks, etc.).
  • Secure all open areas like outdoor seating areas, garages, dumpsters, and recycling bins as much as possible and to remove all combustibles that cannot be secured.
  • If possible, install plywood to block your windows.

Lights On

  • Well-illuminated premises will discourage suspicious activity and make it easier for pedestrians to spot.

Supplies for Your Business
You can find easy to install cameras and security alarms as well as plywood and other supplies needed for securing your business at Home Depot and Lowe’s nearby.

temp free street use permit header

Temporary free safe start (street use) Permits

Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is offering streamlined, free temporary permits for outdoor cafes, retail merchandise displays, food trucks, vending carts, and fitness activities that are valid through May 31, 2022. They are also offering temporary street closures to support restaurants and retail operations. 

  • Temporary Outdoor Café Permit: A business owner should request this permit if they are a restaurant owner who would like seating on the sidewalk or in the curb space parking. An additional permit from Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board will be required to serve alcohol. Download the Alteration Request Form to begin the process. Please contact the WSLCB with any questions about alcohol service.
  • Temporary Merchandise Display Permit: A business owner should request this permit if they are a retail business owner who would like to expand operations outside into the sidewalk or in the curb space parking (note that this includes the point of sale). Merchandise display in the curb space cannot be located on principal arterial streets.
  • Temporary Vending Permits: A business owner should request this permit if they are a vendor who would like more flexibility on their vending location and duration. This includes street and sidewalk locations for food trucks and carts. You will need to have your King County Dept of Public Health Mobile Food Unity permit or state if exempt, your Seattle Fire Marshal permit if using open-flame or liquid petroleum gas, as well as your Seattle Business License.

Apply for a Free Permit herePlease note, businesses will also need to submit an application for a Certificate of Approval (the fee will also be waived). 

City of Seattle Business Taxes

Every business must file and report to the City, even if you had no activity or do not owe any tax. Your business does not owe general business and occupation (B&O) tax if your net annual income is less than $100,000, but you must file. Go to

Questions? Call 206-654-8484 or email

  • Apply for a business license
  • Renew a business license
  • File your business taxes
  • Pay your business taxes

Create an account with your Seattle Business License Tax Certificate Number, or your Washington State business license number (UBI, Uniform Business Identifier). Find those numbers by searching for your Seattle business:

The Seattle business tax is not the same as the Washington State business tax. You must file your Seattle taxes separately from your state taxes. To learn more about the state tax, visit the Washington State Department of Revenue:

B&O Tax Deferment Info

Effective immediately, the City of Seattle Department of Finance and Administrative Services (FAS) will defer business and occupation (B&O) tax collections for businesses that have annual taxable incomes of $5 million or less and that pay city taxes quarterly. This will allow small business owners increased flexibility during a period of financial duress caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. If you have questions, please call (206) 684-8484 or email:

Eviction Moratorium Ends FEB 14, 2022

The extension on the eviction moratorium on residential and commercial evictions is set to expire on February 14, 2022. This executive order continues tenant protections prohibiting landlords from initiating evictions with the courts unless there is an "imminent threat" to the health and safety of the community. Late fees, interest, or other charges due to late payment of rent during the moratorium are not allowed. However, tenants are still legally obligated to pay rent during the moratorium, and landlords are encouraged to offer flexible payment plans. 

Residential tenants who receive an eviction notice during the moratorium should contact the Renting in Seattle hotline at 206‐684‐5700 or go online to submit a complaint.


Lunar New Year - Feb 5 Postponed

After careful consideration of COVID-19 health and safety of our community members, CIDBIA has decided to postpone the Lunar New Year Celebration event to a new date: Saturday, April 30th. We look forward to celebrating with you soon!

Learn More